Well, my birthday came and went. Along with Christmas, it was all to fast. I think I am 35 now. When I was 33 I told everyone I was 34 for a year. Then Darren informed me I was only 33. I was pretty mad- I missed out on a whole year of being younger than I thought! So I made up for it by saying I was 33 the whole year I was 34. Now we are back on track.
I thought it would be fun to go to dinner and a movie with my older kids for my birthday. My friend Megan watched Gabe and we went to dinner. You know, I could have 10 kids if they didn't fight with each other constantly, (and cleaned up after themselves, and I didn't get morning sickness, ok, maybe I couldn't have 10 kids) I would also probably take them out for my birthday again if they didn't fight or if I didn't hear, "Mom, mom, mom, MOM!!!!" 79 times during my birthday dinner. And Paul didn't backwash into the lemonade and Ellie yell at him. Or Kyle start crying because Paul kneed him in the back. We went to this Mexican place cause the birthday person get's free dinner and dessert. I didn't think it was very good food at all. But look at that picture- oh they are so perfect and we had such a fun time! LOL So then we went to the movie the Hobbit. I pretty much just worried about it being to violent for my kids the whole time and didn't enjoy the movie at all. What was I thinking taking my kids to that movie? It was 3 hours of hobbit 's getting chased over and over again. By the end I had a huge headache. After the movie I thought "I am never taking my kids out with Darren and me again." Then the Kyle said, "That movie was AWESOME!" "that was the funnest birthday ever!" And Paul chimed in, "Mom, we have to see the Hobbit 2- promise you will take us!" And Ellie, "That was the funnest night of my life!" The kids had a blast! We all talked and ended up having a great time. I at least enjoyed the ride home.
The next day one of Ellie's friends and her mom offered to watch
Gabe. So I ended up
going out twice for my birthday! Darren and I went jogging in the morning- then we went to Les Miserables and then to a late lunch at PF Chang's. (thanks to Erica for the gift certificate!) I have to say I loved the movie. And Darren even watched the whole thing with me! (yes, we went to Phantom of the Opera on my birthday one year and he left the movie and never came back in.) I must say it was the best birthday I have had in a long time- I feel like I got totally spoiled by going out twice. I think we may keep that tradition alive:)
No comments:
Post a Comment