Last night and today I have been on pins and needles. It's like my heart is going to beat out of my chest. My nephew, Anthony is at Primary Children's Hospital right now getting a LONG awaited heart transplant.
When he was born, he was born with only half of a heart. The doctors didn't even if he would live to be born, and then not sure how long he would live after.
My first date with Darren was a Sunday afternoon when we went to Primary Children's to see Anthony. I will never forget his tiny little body laying in the crib with tubes going in and out of him everywhere. He has had so many surgeries, 2 or 3 open heart and so many other surgeries already. They have known that the day would come he would need a transplant or could not live any longer. It has been a rough last couple of months waiting. He has been in and out of the hospital constantly.
We are praying and fasting for Anthony and his family. Anthony is the sweetest boy I have ever known. The best way to describe his is without guile. He is so sensitive and sweet. My favorite example happened just recently. He asked a girl out for his first date. They were planning a double date with James and another girl. Anthony asked the girl who he was taking if she was nervous to go out. She said yes. He said, "don't worry, Heavenly Father loves you."
Anthony has been such a blessing to our family. He has brought us
together in love, fasting and prayers for the last 16 years. His spirit
is noble and great. I feel honored to be his aunt. It's ironic, that the one person who needs a new heart, doesn't really.
What exciting news. I loved that last line. He doesn't REALLY need a new heart. What a good example! Let us know how it goes.
ReplyDelete