Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Feelings

I don't have meltdowns too often.  I would say on average- once or twice a month.  Typically it's when I overload my schedule, the house becomes a mess, the kids go to bed at 10, my car's bumper is falling off and has ketchup on the ceiling, I can't figure out how to get pictures off of Darren's camera, and/or I can't walk through Ellie and Kyle's room.  It makes me feel like I am drowning in stuff to do. 

 I try not to post my meltdown's on my blog.  That's why I haven't posted the last week.  Ok, seriously, no major meltdowns.  But let me get my feelings out.  Sometimes I feel  on top of the world, like I got a ton done and I'm a great mom.   Other times I feel like ohhhh, how do I explain it, like I just can't keep up and I am so slow at doing everything.  It's like for the last week I have wanted to post about Laura's trip.  But I can't figure out how to get the pictures off Darren's camera.  I want to make a blog book, but between scouts, achievement days, basketball, Relief Society, MLK holiday, weekends, laundry, dishes, working out, running errands, grocery shopping, camping, my kids always end up going to bed late and I don't get a thing done at night!  Then I get up in the morning, work out, shower, eat, put Gabe down, clean up and get ready to do some office work, or whatever "extra" stuff I want to, but before I know it Gabe wakes up, the kids get home from school, homework, dinner, scouts, late for bed and boom, the day is over and I am exhausted!  And didn't get anything "extra" done.  Typically I get the basics done, but I am drowning in basics. I only get 1/3 of the things done off my list and I really start to feel bad about myself.  Does anyone else ever feel like this? 

See?? Like right now it is 10:40 at night and I wanted to go to bed at 10:20.  Well, if anyone has a magic answer that would be awesome.  I'll even take suggestions.  I bought, "Time Management From the Inside Out"  for myself for Christmas, but haven't had time to read it.  LOL, go figure.  Well, off to bed.  Tomorrow I am DETERMINED to get some blogs posted.  Oh, and get ready for camping, and.....  

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! I don't have any answers, but I do have to remind myself that I have a baby. Babies slow you down. Cut yourself some slack! You'll be on top of the world again before you know it.

    ReplyDelete