![]() |
| Here is the man of the hour. Yes, he is that good looking in real life. |
So, here is the bragging part. Probably boring to everyone but my family, and possibly even boring to them. But this is for the journal, I want his posterity to know of his brainpower.
First of all, he has been in school the last, oh, 7 years, and 4 years before that. Ever since he started his prerequisites for nursing he has not gotten a lower grade than an A. That's right, 4.0 through prerequisites, 4.0 through Nursing school, then 4.0 for his Bachelors in Nursing, then a 4.0 so far in CRNA school. I mean, is that cool or what?! Currently Darren is in a class of 40+ students. He typically gets in the top 3 on all of his tests. On one of the last test's that was 116 questions he got 100%! He got the highest score out of 2 classes of students- that's 80+ students. .
About a month ago he took a nationwide test for all CRNA students called the SEE Exam. You have to pass it in order to graduate. It is basically a Boards test, half way through school. They grade you against all the other CRNA students in the nation, to see where you are at. Only the top 50% pass. It is a very hard test. Well, not only did Darren pass, but he got in the top 2% in the nation. Is that awesome or what? Yes, let me say that again, TOP 2% in the nation! Darren won't tell anyone, and encourages me not to tell anyone, but guess what? This is my blog, and he doesn't read it! Serves him right for not reading our family blog! LOL So I get to brag about him all I want:) He has worked for those grades and scores. It has been hard at times when he studies 8-10 hours a day 6 to 7 days a week. Most of the time I feel like a single mom- but I am SO grateful he is such a hard worker.
It is interesting with all we have been through. At first Darren wanted to be a Business man- so he got his degree in Japanese. That didn't end up doing us any good. We struggled so much for a lot of years trying to figure out what he wanted to do. Nuskin, Japanese, Franchise owners, Loan Officer, Real Estate Agent, Flipped houses, Construction, Qwest. He has done it all. But nothing worked out till nursing and he has just loved it and has been really good at it. It's funny to, because years back he took this test that was called, Strength Finder. It tells you what profession you should go into. The results were that Darren liked to be Intellectual and he should be a Doctor. We both laughed and thought, "well, shows what that test knows!" But it ends up the test was right!
He has truly found what he is good at and what he really loves to do. I am so proud of Darren for all of his effort and hard work.


I'm glad you bragged! I am in awe of maintaining a 4.0. That is incredible! Finding something you love that you're good at is lucky. Tell Darren we are very impressed!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome Em! I always knew Darren would amount to something :)
ReplyDelete