I haven't posted for a while- not because I haven't wanted to, but because I can't seem to find a spare moment.
It seems as though Gabe is starting to move faster than me and it's really taking it's toll. The baby gets into and destroys EVERYTHING! everything. He is almost as destructive as Paul was. almost. I can't do anything without him making a mess faster than I can clean up. If I am trying to load, he takes out the dishes and throws them on the ground. If I try and do laundry, he insists on putting the clothes in the washer and putting in the detergent. He is constantly trying to escape out the front door, saying, "side, side, side!" I spend about an hour everyday walking down the street gutters with him while he plays in the puddles and jumps off the sidewalk. Cute little baby.
I started potty training a couple weeks ago- which has gone surprisingly well. I can't believe how smart he is! I really wasn't expecting him to pick it up when I bought him his own little toilet. But every day for the last 2 weeks he has informed me when he has to go to the bathroom by saying, "poo, poo!" And I put him on his little toilet and.. he goes if you can believe it! We all stand around and clap our hands and cheer and give him 5. It's so funny the things you do when potty training. It takes a lot of time though, I probably spend an hour or two a day undoing diapers, helping him sit, then sitting there waiting, dumping out the potty, cleaning the potty, flushing, washing hands, doing the diaper back up, and an hour later going through it all again.
Tonight he started for the first time trying to get out of bed time. When I was about to put him in his crib he shouted "poo, poo!" I said, "do you need to use the bathroom?" And he vigorously shook his head yes. So we went through the whole schpill for 15 min. Then I was putting him to bed and he said it again. I told him to go in his diaper or hold it till the morning. How can a little baby know so much??!!
The other thing that has been taking a lot of time is Paul's schooling. We decided to do Florida Virtual Online School. It's a lot of work. And takes a lot of time on my part. It has been frustrating. At first Paul was just skimming everything and taking the quizzes with out really paying attention. So he was getting really bad grades. Darren and I had a serious talk with him. No Minecraft till he has B's in all his classes. That's motivation. I e-mailed all of his teachers and he is redoing stuff to help get his grades up. But it all takes so much time and effort to help him. It's worth it though. It's the right thing for him right now.
So that's it. That's where I've been. Potty training and Homeschooling (on top of the usual laundry, dinner, dishes, homework, cleaning, bills, grocery shopping, church, FHE, etc. etc.) It just seems never ending! I think having a 19 month old is fun, but it's exhausting! I can't get anything else done. Is anyone else feeling overwhelmed? I keep telling myself we are just
getting the hang of being back in school and it will get easier. I'm tired but happy. I'm exhausted but still up. So I think I'll go to bed.
You have a lot on your plate! I can't get motivated this school year. I'm ready for a change but I still have babies. Then I get depressed that I'm wishing the time away. Can't find a balance! And Gabe sounds just like tizzy. She is a full time job!
ReplyDeleteTotally overwhelmed over here too. I just hold out for when soccer is over, when lacrosse is over, when it gets cold and we don't have to do yard work anymore, etc. It might not ever get easier but at least it makes me feel better.
ReplyDelete