Sunday, September 28, 2014

The "Coast"

After a day in the city we decided we needed a day in nature.  The drive from Portland to the coast was beautiful!  I was like Montana- by the ocean.  The weather was decent, but still, there is a reason it is called, "the coast" as opposed to, "the beach".  It was beautiful, but soooo different than Florida.  
Oceanside Beach here we come


Wow, the atmosphere was so fun.

There goes Gabe


Camp.  It was freezing and windy.  Athena said it was the best weather she has seen in the 4 times she has been there.  I guess cause it's the only time it wasn't raining.



The "3 Ladies."  What is Laura looking at?  Seriously I love my sisters. Love. My. Sisters. (All of them!not just the ones in the picture)
Selfie!
Nayeli

More selfies! I'm feeling like acting like a teenager:)

I couldn't help from taking more pictures of the scenery- it was just so beautiful. 
Overall it was fun and...an experience. It was freezing.  Even though it was the middle of July.  And when we left Portland it was boiling hot.  I guess the coast is just always cold.  And the water was freezing! The wind was blowing too.  At the beach that means sand is blowing in your face.  I tried looking for agates, but honestly, it was pretty miserable.  We only stayed a couple of hours and were ready to go. Florida has ruined me for life!  You can't really compare the 2 beaches, because the Oregon coast is just a completely different animal.  It's a totally different experience.  It's more of an outdoorsy, camping, type place as opposed to a beach.  Somewhere you want to go wearing jeans and a jacket and have a campfire.  I was able to take it for what it's worth and enjoy the beauty.  And I got some sand for my beach sand collection, which is always a plus.

1 comment:

  1. It's so sad seeing pictures of James. Love the post- and my sisters.

    ReplyDelete