Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Raz's Curry Modified by Ernsts

I've had a couple of people ask for this curry recipe- Our friend, Raz, from Cambodia made it for us in Tennessee. It was delicious, but I needed to make it feed more people, so I added to it, and this is the recipe we ended up with.  It's pretty much the best curry ever.  Cook up a bunch of rice and it's a great meal to feed a lot of people.

Curry:

1 TBL garlic, minced

1-2 lbs chicken, cut up whole chicken, removing skin and fat.

2 TBL Indian curry powder (or to taste)

1 tsp. ground ginger

1 tsp. turmeric

1 tsp salt

2 cans coconut milk

Kaffir lime leaves (4) Or substitute zest and juice from 1 lime

2 cubes S & B Golden Curry Sauce mix. (this can be found at Walmart in  the Asian food section)

1 cup water or coconut water.  Add more if needed to desired consistency.  It will thicken as it cooks.

Mixed vegetables:
4 carrots, 2 onions, 1 lb string beans,

OR 4 carrions, 1 1/2 onions, 2 potatoes

OR 1 eggplant, 1 onion

mix and match as you want for personal taste

Directions:

1. Brown garlic in oil.
2. Add chicken and rest of spices, stir to mis.
3. Add coconut milk, stir to mix.
4. Add vegetables and leaves, cover and cook for at least 1-2 hours on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
5. Season with additional salt and sugar, (about 1 tsp.) to taste.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try that! I have some curries that are to die for.

    ReplyDelete