![]() |
| Then we had to have the carpet guys come stretch back out the carpet. Then, onto the cabinet top. Which we made ourselves and was probably the most work. It's beautiful though. |
We built it from 2 x 6 redwood decking. We screwed and glued all the boards together like a butcher block counter top. Then we did wood filler, sanded and stained, and polyurethane. Which all took a lot longer than it sounds.
Hahaha! I love this picture! That's me 8 months pregnant putting up ship-lap. I heart ship-lap:)
I painted the ship-lap with a very watered down white paint. It took forever. Below are the boards for the bookcase. We put them in the garage and primed and painted them before we put them up. It made it soo much easier when they were already painted when we put them up.
We started at one side and built inward. And then the other side and met in the middle.
Crown molding- oh we are getting so close! I couldn't resist putting some decorations up.
And it's done!! We love it! It makes the room feel so much bigger.








































Ahhhhhh! This is amazing! I'm still in awe that you did this. Such a transformation!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous! I'm in awe of your vision and skills!
ReplyDelete