Friday, February 13, 2015

Good Days

Today has been good.  Very good.  It is our 16 Year Anniversary!  I was determined to feel good today- so I got up and went running.  The kids didn't have school so it made it easy to leave Gabe home and go with one of my running friends, Ashley.  She will pretty much never say no to running, so when I texted her and asked her if she wanted to go running in 5 minutes she said yes!  So off we went.  I ran 3 miles in under 30 min.  It made me feel good!  I hope I don't pay for it tomorrow. I want so bad to work out this pregnancy.
  Then I went to my ultrasound.  Darren got off work early and was able to go with me.  What is it with ultrasound techs being grouchy?  She wasn't too bad- but I haven't ever had a really happy, excited, ultrasound tech.  They are all jaded.  I didn't care- I was happy to see my sweet little baby on the screen.  ONE sweet little baby that looked like a little gummy bear.  I could see her little heart beating.  I could  see her little stubs that will turn into arms and legs. I love getting my first ultrasound.  It makes it seem so real.  It shows the reason I have been so sick and miserable.  When I see that little baby it makes it ok.  I know what that little gummy bear will develop into.  It makes me so excited.  I pray and pray and pray she or he will develop normal and be healthy and be one of Gods greatest, noblest spirits. 
Tonight Darren and I are going to go out to eat.  I am so excited to do something other than sit on the couch.  And I'm also excited to be with Darren.
Also, today marks my 9th week.  I started getting sick at week 5 and should start feeling better at 12, so I am on the downhill.  I also had my nasty "10" days, so that is a relief. 
I feel half way normal today and it is the best feeling in the world.  I may actually make it through this.

1 comment:

  1. You saw a heartbeat! Hooray! That makes it just that much easier, doesn't it? Love you!

    ReplyDelete