Monday, February 2, 2015

Movie Critic

I have watched enough movies for the rest of my life.  I am sick of TV.  I am sick of laying on the couch.  But I don't know what else to do.  I thought about reading- but I can barely find the desire to turn on the TV remote control let alone turn pages.  So I'll keep you updated on what I have watched.

Labor Day:  One of the stupidest movies I have ever seen about a convict who escapes from jail and hides in a ladies house and they fall in love.  Then he gets caught and spends the next 25 years in jail while she waits in a deep depression.  Then they get back together when he gets out of jail and they are old. Don't waste your time

Breakfast At Tiffany's:  A classic I have seen the cover a hundred times and figured it was time for me to watch the movie.  Almost as stupid as Labor Day.  Shocking inappropriate for it's time.  I could not believe the stuff in this movie!! They are smoking and drinking the entire movie, he's a prostitute, she practically is too.  They go on an adventurous "date"  and go to a strip club then go shoplift. And they sleep together.  What is going on??? I thought I was safe watching an old movie with Audrey Hepburn in it.  All I can see is Satan's early stages of getting into Hollywood.   People like this movie???  What a waste of time. 

North and South:  A 4 hour mini series on Netflix.  I loved it.  Clean and romantic.  It really helped me enjoy the day.  I'm not going to tell you about it- watch it for yourself:)

Enchanted April:  Another one I've seen the cover a million times and figured it was time to watch.  I'm so sick of old movies trying to be "edgy".  It was ok, but I was really bothered that one of the husbands was having an affair.  Once again, a movie that is old and romantic and you would think would be clean, and although they never showed anything- you know he's having an affair.  It's like watching Anne of Green Gables and they throw in a couple having an affair.  Totally out of place   What's romantic about that?  Nothing.  The only good parts were the scenery shots of Italy. 

1 comment:

  1. North and south is seriously my all-time favorite! I'm glad you liked it :-)

    ReplyDelete