Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Bad News

We recently received the bad news that Darren's dad has colon cancer.  This news was both shocking and unexpected.  Ray is 72 but as healthy as a horse.  When he recently came to help us paint our house he worked Darren and me into the ground!  I guess recently he had been more tired and just not feeling normal.  So the doctors checked things out and sure enough- found cancer.  We aren't really positive about what stage it is yet.  They are thinking a stage 2- but won't know for sure until they do surgery.  The plan is Chemo for 6 weeks, and then surgery to remove it.  Hopefully that will be the end of it.  He just got a port hookup in his chest and wears a fanny pack that has the Chemo in it.  He has to wear it for 5 days, then gets 2 days off.  He has to do this for 6 weeks.  So far the Chemo has not effected him- but that's cause he just started.  We know it's only a matter of time.  My heart goes out to him.  Every time I have morning sickness I think about Chemo patients.  I'm sure there are different levels of both- But the only thing I can imagine worse than morning sickness is Chemo.  Felling AWFUL all the time.  Throwing up all the time.   Not fun.  We have been praying and thinking about Grandpa Shep.   It's hard to imagine him not working hard every day.  Hopefully the chemo and surgery will take care of it and he will be back to his normal self:)


No comments:

Post a Comment