As you know, we pretty much got coerced into getting a puppy. We debated about the best time to get her. I didn't want to wait till I was too big- or had a new baby, so we decided the best time was now. While I still feel good. Plus once we made the decision there was nothing the kids talked about except when, where, and how we were going to get a puppy. They were constantly on the computer looking. Finally we found the perfect looking sweet little 8 week old puppy on Craigslist in Tri-cities. She is half Shih-tzu and half Havanese. Ellie named her Lily. Having a new puppy is a lot of work. Like, a lot. The first couple of nights I got up every 3 hours to take her out to use the bathroom. I felt like I had a newborn baby! But she is a sweet little thing. My kids love her! And she loves my kids. I have her crate trained- but we are still working on the potty training. Once that is done she will be the perfect little puppy:) I am happy The kids love her so much. While dogs are so much work- I think it's really good for kids to have pets. It's good for them. And Ellie was so sad about never having a sister. She said, "Lily has fixed my cracked heart." That makes it all worth it.




No comments:
Post a Comment