Monday, May 11, 2015

My Kids Rock!

I am so happy to finally feel like a real family.  By that I mean- kids who take music lessons, and sports etc.  When Darren was a student it was always, "When dad graduates and gets a job you can play soccer,  take piano lessons, take gymnastics," etc.  Now Paul plays trumpet, Ellie plays the flute, and all my kids take piano lessons.  I love it.  I love to hear them practicing.  I am musically handicapped so it is nice to know that my kids aren't. 
Recently I went to a concert of Ellie and Paul's and the music was AMAZING!!! I couldn't believe the talent of the students.  It was the High School and Junior High in Hermiston combined.  It was great. 
 Hermiston has a great music program.    They pride themselves on their great music teachers and program.  This was in the news recently  "Shrinking school budgets have short-changed or even eliminated music from the curriculum in many schools, but not in the Hermiston School District.
The district has kept at least one music teacher in each school, which is part of the reason why the National Association of Music Merchants named it one of Oregon's four best communities for music education in 2014. The association gave Best Community for Music Education Award to 376 districts nationwide that "set the bar in offering students access to comprehensive music education."
It makes me so happy my kids love their band teacher.  He does a great job.  They are in band right now and are having a great time!




These next pictures are from an Awards Assembly at Paul and Ellie's school.  I think school assembly's are so much fun.  They both got awards.  Ellie got one for perfect attendance and Honor Roll.  Paul got choose as the top boy in his class from his teachers and he also got an award for 4.0.  Awesome kids!!!






Ellie was so embarrassed she wouldn't let me take her picture!!

I love my kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment