Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Hermiston Super Oval

Oh Hermiston, Hermiston, Hermiston.  I think I am getting sick of living here.  All over town there were advertisements for the Hermiston Super Oval Figure 8 Bus and Boat races! Well, I love to do stuff, so I thought it would be so fun to go.  I dragged Darren and the kids.  It was fun for the first half-hour and then it started dragging on.  Then it dragged on and on.


Gabe had to use the bathroom- so Darren took him and texted me this picture and said,              "you owe me!" EWWW!


  A dentist would have a lot of work to do in a crowd like this one.   And a washing machine.  And a dietitian.  It was loud, noisy, dirty, stinky, and uncomfortable.   We left before the bus-boat races.  I left with a headache from the smoke and dirt and smell of alcohol.  I was expecting a Heber Demolition Derby type experience and it was far from that.  Even the Rigby Demolition Derby put this place to shame. We had a fun time- but boy, well, lets just say it was an experience. I bought Darren a $5 Hermiston Super Oval t-shirt.  Just so we'll never forget and be tempted to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment