Have I ever told you about how we got our piano? Well, I'm going to. Almost 2 years age Darren got a job and we moved to Hermiston. I really wanted to get a piano, but Darren didn't want to get one. First he didn't want to pay for one, and second, he didn't want to have to move it. He said we would get a nice keyboard. Ughh.
So it was an answer to my prayers when my Nana called me one day out of the blue and said she wanted to give me her piano. I was shocked! I was so happy I cried after I got off the phone with her. I was getting a piano for free, and better yet- it was my Nana's! It has a special place in my heart.
One of Darren's coworkers was heading to Utah for hunting a few weeks after my Nana called. He was taking a horse trailer- so I asked him if he would pick up my piano. He said yes! I was so excited and happy the day we brought the piano into our home. This is the piano my Nana has played for years, and this is the piano my kids will grow up playing.
The week after we got the piano I had a piano teacher in my house giving all my kids lessons. Even Gabe wanted lessons. Over the last 2 years they have come so far. This last weekend we went to Salem, Oregon for them to play in the State Piano Recital. Thank you Nana. Thank you. I am so thankful to you for the piano. I am thankful to the Spirit for inspiring Nana to call me and give me the piano. It truly was an answer to my prayers and I will always cherish it.



No comments:
Post a Comment