Darren and Erica took the kids to Alligator Alley one day. I stayed home and got ready for Christmas. I also stayed home the day they went to the water park.

Ellie said it was boring and she would have rather stayed home with me. Kyle said it was "totally awesome!"
Another big one- all the alligators sit so still it's hard to believe they are real! Sometimes I think, "that thing has got to be a statue! There is no way they let people walk along this path with these huge wild alligators. It's all a big hoax and those gators are fake. " But then you see one move and it's pretty darn freaky!
Kyle being so cute!- With his new cool Spiderman helmet he got for his birthday. He also just barely learned how to ride a bike so was really fun for him. Oh, and BTW I am the one who finished teaching him how to ride a bike- Darren tried, but got sick of it. So I was out on our sidewalk the last couple of weeks, with this huge belly chasing Kyle behind his bike. Finally I told him I would buy him a Willy Wonka Chocolate bar if he learned. Suddenly it all came together and he was riding all by himself!

Ellie just being cute.You know, it takes a lot of effort to do stuff with kids. In order to do this trip Darren had to take all of our bikes down (they are hanging in the garage because we have no room for them) put the bike rack on the van, put the bikes on the rack- they all wouldn't fit so he took the seats out of the van, put 1/2 the bikes in the van and 1/2 on the rack. Pack a lunch, get kids helmets, sunscreen, water bottles, bike pump, camera, gps, pass for the park, etc. I thought of how it would just be easier to sit home and let the kids play electronics. But I want my kids to grow up doing all sorts of different adventures. No matter how much work Darren has to do.







No comments:
Post a Comment