Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ultrasound Drama

Ok- so today I went to have an ultrasound of my baby's heart. My doctor wanted a specialist to check it because Anthony (my nephew) was born with only 3 heart chambers. So, during the ultrasound the Ultrasound Tech was looking and said everything looked good with the heart. Then as she continued to look at other things she says, "It looks like baby has a club foot." I was shocked! I said,"What does that mean?!! Does my baby have a foot? Are you saying my baby is going to be born with a major birth defect?!!" I was in tears. She explained it means that the foot is turned in. I'm not even sure what that means. Then she said, "I could be wrong- it could be the position of the foot." So for the next 10 min she tried to get a better look at the foot. She got out the 3D ultrasound. Then she says, "Ok, looks like babies foot is ok. It was just the position."
I was so relieved! And I was kind of mad too- I'm thinking, "serious??!! don't you think you should find out for sure before you tell a mom something like that??!! It's like, oh- looks like your baby is missing an arm.... oh, wait, there it it." It was pretty scary for that 10 min and makes me even more grateful that everything looks good so far and for my currently healthy children. phew

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I don't know why but I thought this was the funniest post ever. Sorry that I got such enjoyment out of your moment of crisis. Obviously that ultrasound tech isn't the most savvy... love you so much! Glad everything looked good!

    ReplyDelete