Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas!

What a wonderful Christmas we had. We had our little family Christmas Eve party with our family and Erica. We had lots of delicious food; crab legs, shrimp, steak, apple pie, eggnog, soda hot chocolate. We opened presents all the presents under the tree- mostly ones from grandparents, and a new pair of pajamas for each of the kids. Then we played dictionary, and watched the Nativity Story. I love that movie so much. We put the kids to bed about 10. I cleaned up and finished sewing Paul's stocking. By about 3 in the morning Santa had come and our house looked like this.
Paul woke up about 12:30 am. I sent him back to bed. A while later I heard something on the stairs and there he was sitting in the dark not able to sleep. He was sooo excited. It is funny how even though Paul knows about Santa he was every bit as excited as the other kids. I let him come hang out with me. About 1:30 am I heard more kids coming downstairs- I jumped up- Ellie and Kyle were coming downstairs! I said,"go back to bed! It's still night time- Santa hasn't come- it's not very late" It worked and they went back to bed. Finally about 3 am Paul and I went to bed.
Their stockings all ready!

The kids were pretty much up every 2 hours all night long. I think they got up at 5:30 for good. When Darren and I dragged ourselves out of bed at 7:30 Paul was all ready for church (what a good kid) . The rule is that they can get into their stockings, but can't do anything else till Darren and I are awake. We had church at 9, so we opened about 1/2 the presents then went to church.

The "Before" picture

Paul dividing the presents into piles.

Ellie with her favorite present. A $9.00 webkinz kitty.


So here Paul is after church opening the 2nd half of the presents.

Opening presents.

Kyle with one of his favorite presents- a remote control car.

I love our family!

The house "After"

Another "After" picture.

1 comment: