Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Stockings

34 years ago my Grandma Freda made this stocking for me. This year I decided I would make stockings for my kids. They are all made out of felt. It only took me about 2,000 hours, but they are done. We missed a good many dinners cause I was working on stockings. Darren said they are nice but he can't eat stockings.

Mine

Pauls- He wanted a dinosaur stocking. I said no way. So we decided on a Christmas tree with presents underneath- one of the presents has a dinosaur in it.

Ellies- she wanted an elf stocking because we call her "Elf" sometimes.


Kyle wanted a candy stocking, cause he loves sugar and candy. I figured a gingerbread house would be perfect for him!

Darren's is Santa cause, well that's a secret.

I made his before we had kids. He thinks his isn't as good as the kids and wants me to add to his. Maybe I will next year. But for this year I am done working on stockings. I know if there is a flood or fire they will be one of the first things to grad. Hopefully they will last for years and my kids will still have them when they are 34.

3 comments:

  1. They turned out awesome. You are so talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are soooo cute...what a labor of love. Good work Emily! Are you already gearing up to make one more next year for baby Gabe??

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! Where on earth did you get such great ideas? They seriously look professional, Really Em, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete