Wow, what a whirlwind of a week it has been! So- first I want to explain my last post. Just in case any of you had the perception that my life is perfect, I have now ruined that perception for you. Lets just get it out in the open- my kids, house, husband, and myself are not perfect. My kids quarrel, and don't always go to bed on time. They eat candy and play electronics. Orange juice gets spilled, my baby cries, the car gets dirty, I have 1300 e-mails in my in box, and yes, my house gets messy sometimes. But no, it didn't look like that when they came, that was a joke. I hope you thought it was funny. Actually, probably no one thought it was as funny as I did. I couldn't stop laughing while posting it. I crack myself up sometimes. Honestly- when ever I have guests come I typically spend days cleaning before they get here. Whenever Mark comes to visit he tells me "the whole house doesn't need to be spotless, just clean up our bedroom and the bathroom and we will be good." I guess that's why it was so funny to me. I love to tease my brothers, mostly just to get back at them for teasing me. Like Mark sending me a text they morning they were coming, "missed our flight, trying to find another one." Ha ha. Good one Mark
What's my point of all this? I try to post positive things. Which might lead people to believe that my life is perfect. Which it isn't. No one's is. And that's ok. That is what life is all about. But sometimes in the blogging world all that gets posted are the perfect things. There is good and bad to that. Good, because I don't really want to read about everyone's problems, or post my own. Bad, because it might lead to the perception of perfection. And it may make people feel bad about themselves. But let's always remember COMPARISON IS THE THIEF OF ALL JOY. So, don't ever compare yourself to me, or anyone else. Be yourself and love yourself! For me- I try and post a balance of the good, bad, and the ugly. Sometimes it is a hard balance between being grateful and ungrateful. I want to complain about 6 of us living in a 1600 foot house with a mini garage and no yard. But then Paul tells me 6 billion people on the earth don't have a good pair of shoes. Reality check.
Talking about all this makes me think that I have never mentioned my favorite blog to read. It's my cousin, Circe, her blog is so much fun to read! She does a great job of explaining real life, being positive and truthful all at the same time. Her blog is http://dopppartyofseven.blogspot.com/ Check it out sometime, you will love it!!
Disclaimer: If at any time I get pregnant again I can't promise any "positive good feelings". It's pretty much a free for all.
Moving on- We just had a great vacation with Mark and his family. I have tons of fun pictures to post. We did a lot of fun things, the vacation wasn't "perfect," but it was pretty darn close!
I love it! Well said. And I thought your pictures were funny. I cracked up too, knowing that only someone as confident as you could post those pics. Me, I want everyone to believe my house is clean all the time. yours probably is, so you don't mind a joke. ha ha. Hope that makes sense!
ReplyDelete