Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Let the Festivas begin!!

Ok, that means let the vacation begin!  Actually, the vacation is over, let the vacation "Blogging" begin! Yea, I know, sometimes other peoples vacations can be kinda boring.  I'll try and make it a little interesting.  Just pretend you were there on the beach with us:)

My brother Mark and his wife Malinda and their 4 kids-Makayla (10), Emma(8), Derek (5), and Jared (2) came during Darren's break. We seriously had such a great time.  It was soooooooo good to see family!!

What is the first thing you need to do when you get to Florida?  Go to the beach!! So that's just what we did.  I wanted the weather to be perfect for them, but it was cloudy and windy.  It actually just made the waves bigger and the kids had a great time playing in them.





Setting up "camp"

Mark having a great time getting subliminally sunburned!
Mark and Jared



Ellie and Emma are like soul mates.
A funny bird that kept looking for fish in Paul's casting net and in his bucket.
Because of the wind a bunch of wind surfers came.  It was awesome to watch them!
Me, Darren and cute baby Gabe


Remember that metal detector Darren got me for Mother's Day?  There it is in action!! I love that thing!  We found a penny, dime, quarter and 2 metal lids from yogurt.  It was a ton of fun the kids were so excited, but I think Mark and I had more fun with it than any of the kids!
There are always a bunch of these tortoises along the side of the road.  So cool to see. There were also a bunch of sea turtles nests roped off on the beach.  I forgot to take a picture.  Oh well.    
Well, that was the morning of day 1.  More to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment