Monday, June 11, 2012
To Tan or Not to Tan
Deep Breath. So, since we moved to Florida I have been lathering the sunscreen on me and my kids. 55+ at all times. Today I decided I wanted to get a little tan. I put on 8. We spent 4 hours at the beach. ugggghhhh. I spent half the time in the shade of the umbrella so I'm not fried- but I did get burnt. I think there is almost NOTHING that I hate more than getting sun burnt. Trust me, I like to be tan, and I tan pretty easy, but I am getting old. Not that old, but old enough to not want to be a wrinkly prune when I am older. I spent a lot of my teenage years getting tan and now I am pretty much freaked out about it. It is hard to be at the beach all the time and not be getting a beautiful deep tan. But Darren says white is the new tan. And I guess for all the times we have gone to the beach and pool in 9 months I have only gotten burned twice. That's not too bad. What do you guys think- to tan or not to tan? Do you wear a 55 for no color or a 15 to get a little color?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A little color is kinda nice. You'll probably die of something else before you die of skin cancer. Ha ha. :)
ReplyDeleteI am a freak about sunscreen as well. Growing up here, I know way too many people that look ten years older than they should because they tan way too much. (Even at my class reunion a few years ago there were victims at just age 28!) I do, however, think that as long as you use a sunscreen and don't burn all the time you are probably good. I wear a 15 on my face everyday no matter what and if I am going to be out all day I use a 30 or a 15 if I'm willing to reapply. Aveeno even makes a daily lotion with a 15 SPF in it that I like to use in the summer time because we are out so much. The kids wear 50 and still walk away with a tan.
ReplyDelete