Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Disney's Hollywood Studios

Saturday morning we woke up with amusement day hangover from Magic Kingdom.  We were up early packing lunches for the day when I looked over at Darren.  He had huge circles under his eyes, I said, "you look terrible."  He said, "so do you!"  We laughed pretty hard.  The kids were really excited because they had had such a great day.  They had learned that Disney amusement parks are actually fun and not comparable to a concentration camp as Daren has been telling them all these years.  We were pretty worn out so we planned on staying till 2 or 3 in the afternoon and then go home and take a nap.  We ended up having so much fun we were begging for one last Toy Story ride at 9:59pm.  They let us go and we were practically the last people out of the park.

Here we come!!!

Tower of Terror!!


One of everyone's favorite activities of the day was the stunt show.  The kids, and even Darren loved it.  He said his mouth started watering when they motorcycles drove out. Ellie was beside herself when one of the stunt guys caught on fire- she thought it was a real accident! And just look at Kyle's face! Yea, it was awesome.

 Behind us stands the Hollywood Tower of Terror.  It takes you up and then drops you and takes you up and drops you. Oh the joy of thinking you are going to die.   Darren went it on it with the kids.  When they got off they were like, "it's not that scary".  I knew they were lying.  Remember the Rider Switch Pass? Yea, it was my turn to take them.  I really don't care for scary rides as they make me feel like I have morning sickness all over. But I'll pretty much do anything for my kids.  So we got in line and Kyle blurts out, "We tricked you!! It's so scary!  You have to go! You can't get out of line! It's so scary, your going to die!!!!"   Then he said, "I hate it, but I love it too!"  One thing about Disney is they are very family friendly.  The height requirements are all kid friendly, so Kyle was allowed to go on every big ride except the Rockin Roller Coaster.  I can't believe they let kids on some of those rides!



This was Gabe's favorite- Honey I Shrunk the Kids set.  He crawled around everywhere and loved every minute.

Crawling around in the earth worms holes in the Honey I shrunk the Kids set.

Paul hugging a giant dog's nose.

We signed up for this fun activity called "Jedi Training".  Kyle and Ellie loved it, Paul hated it.  He was way to mature and grown up to act like a Padawan in training.


Paul is like, "mom, why are you making me do this?"

The Jedi Master


The Padawans were instructed to hold their light sabers with 2 hands.  Paul refused.  He was much to cool for that.

Darth Maul

The Padawans train, and then Darth Vader comes on stage and each of the kids get to fight him or Darth Maul. It was great.

Good job Padawans!


One of my favorites was the Back Lot Tour. They take you on a tram and take you behind the scenes of Disney, they talk about how Disney is run and all the props, etc.  At one point they take you through a set and there is a huge rainstorm and an flash flood.  It's lots of fun. 
Ok, I was not ready for this, but they take you through the rooms where they make the Disney costumes and uniforms.  My mouth started watering! There were rows and rows of sewing machines, fabrics, thread, etc.  My heart almost beat right out of my chest.

It's kinda blury, but can you see all the different colors of threads?


How fun is this!!!



The original dress from The Sound of Music.
I bet the women who work here are pretty amazing seamstress- but  Marilyn could sew circles around them!


Well, we had a great day.  Ellie fell asleep holding a turkey leg in her hand.  That's a sure sign of a good time.


2 comments:

  1. Toy Story is my ultimate favorite ride. Ellie and the Turkey leg made me laugh out loud for reals. I am so glad you guys went and had so much fun. Makes me want to go to Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun Em! What great experiences you're getting to have while in Florida.

    ReplyDelete