I have to just say. I hope my "discouraged" post wasn't to much. I try to keep my blog happy, positive, and fun. But you know what? I have bad days sometimes! I am human. Honestly, most days are great, and fun, but every now and then I have a rough day. I get discouraged. And I want to keep my blog real. I want my posterity to know the real Emily. My deep down thoughts and feelings. I want people to know that my life is not perfect. I don't want someone to read my blog and feel bad about themselves cause their life isn't perfect and mine is- cause it's not! I want to remember that being a parent is a tough job. That I worry, and try so hard to be a good mom. I want my kids to know that I fought for them everyday. That there wasn't a day I didn't pray to God to help me be a good mom and know how to raise my kids. I love being a mom more than anything, it brings so much happiness and joy. Besides, I made that post funny, right?
It's really sometimes a challenge for me- as Darren says, I am a free spirited creative artist. Which is great! but it has it's challenges: I tend to be messy, unorganized, late, unstructured and not disciplined enough. I have to work on that stuff, it doesn't come as naturally to me. I like to buy beautiful, fun things, so I tend to spend more money on things and have more stuff. But I'm an artist and I like it! What I am good at is LOVE. I love my kids, I am patient, kind, and don't really ever get mad. I feel like I have a great motherly instinct. I am fun and creative and love to celebrate birthdays and holidays. I never criticize my children. I don't let my kids be disrespectful or unkind. I try my hardest. Each day.
Some days I get so discouraged that I am not organized, structured, disciplined, on time and on top of everything. But when I really think about it, deep down, I realized that if I was I wouldn't be well... me! And so shouldn't I embrace my artsy, creative, have too much stuff self?! I wouldn't trade my ability to create, paint and decorate for the cleanest house in the world! Is it to much to ask for both? Well, maybe:) My mom says our greatest strengths also bring our greatest weakness. And so, I guess I'll take my strengths and work on those weakness. Because, I am grateful for my talents.
Amen! I think you're awesome!
ReplyDeleteYes..you are great...and at the end of the day love is a lot more important than a clean house being on time and being organized. But I'm working on all those things too so don't feel alone.
ReplyDeleteI love your blogs and think you are so cool! At the end of the day love is a lot more important than a clean house even though you and I are working on the same things and 1 of these days we will get there.
ReplyDeleteI have to tell you that I just love you. You really are an inspiration to me. I think we all struggle with balance and improving ourselves. Love is definitely the most important thing. If our children know we love them unconditionally it does more for them in life than living in an immaculate house!
ReplyDelete