Saturday, March 2, 2013

Milestones

There are some mom milestones in life that stand out.  For me, the day I didn't have to buckle my kids in their car seats was a big on.  When all 3 of them were out of diapers was another.  Last week we reached another.  Leaving them home alone.  Paul is almost 11 going on 14 and so we  felt comfortable leaving him home to watch Ellie and Kyle.  We found a baby sitter for Gabe, and went out!  It was great! When we came home the kids were all in bed and the house was much cleaner than we left it. This note was taped to the stairs to great us when we came in.

Dear Mom and Dad, I cleaned the counters, living room, kitchen table, did the dishes, sweeped, mopped, cleaned your desk, and cleaned the floor.  My knee kills!  Love, Paul, your only son




Isn't that great!? What an awesome kid Paul is!  I felt so happy to be able to trust leaving the kids home. I must mention, that Ellie and Kyle are awesome too- as they helped Paul do some of the cleaning.  Then Paul put them to bed in my bed and finished cleaning. When we got home the house was clean and they were all asleep like perfect little angels.  hahaha. Why is that so funny? Because it's never like that when we are home!

While, with each milestone, I rejoice and do a happy dance- there is a bit of sadness inside me that knows my kids are growing up.  They have outgrown a stage that they will never be in again.  It's ok, whenever I get sad like that, I just think of how much I love my child right NOW, wherever they are at, right in this very moment.  And then I feel content with whatever the stage we are in may be.

2 comments:

  1. This post made me feel happy and sad. Thanks for sharing. P.S. Why don't you give your baby any meat? Ha ha. That cracked me up:)

    ReplyDelete