Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Baby Battles

Well, my sweet little angel baby has recently turned into an American Gladiator.   It's a war zone around here.  Each time I try and change a diaper, dress him, undress him, close the shower door, not let him crawl down the stairs, put him in his high chair, put him in his car seat, or take something from Gabe, it is a battle.  I call it baby battles. He has a swift- turn around and crawl away- move.  And then there is the screaming and growling.   He typically screams during these bouts and gets very angry.  The worst of all is the battle of the car seat.  It begins with an arched back and then screaming, crying, and a quick twist.  I have tried everything.  Most recently I tried Pavlov's approach by giving him a jelly bean each time I buckle him into his seat, but it doesn't seem to work the same for babies as it does for dogs.  I have decided to not go anywhere anymore.  I am a prisoner in my own home.  I may have won the battle, but Gabe has won the war.

Here's a little battle example.. 

Here he is being so sweet- pulling all the wipes out of the container!

Smile for the picture!  And meanwhile I try and sneak away the wipes-

Let the baby battle begin!! Give me back the wipes!


Oh, I'm sorry mom, look at how innocent I am - give me back the wipes, please?!

Oh mom, I have you wrapped around my finger!

5 comments:

  1. I'd have a hard time getting mad at that cute little face, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he is such a little cutie. I noticed your nice micro-fiber very soft looking, non-leather, non-cold couches--does Darren just love them?

    ReplyDelete