Thursday, February 14, 2013

Reinventing Valentines

This year I decided to officially make Valentines a "family holiday", as opposed to a "couples holiday".  I had the day planned out.  As a family we would have candle light dinner on the back porch with pink, heart shaped pancakes, eggs, bacon, and orange juice.  Then we would play dictionary and make cookies while listening to some Jazz.  We would all be laughing, dancing and just have a marvelous time!
Our day ended up going like this; Darren got home ate leftovers because he was to hungry to wait for dinner.  Then he decided he wanted to take the kids swimming.  I was too hungry to wait for them so I ate dinner while they were gone.  They got back and the kids ate all the bacon before it even made it to the table.  We never even got the table set for our candle lit dinner.  Then Darren laid down on the couch and was to tired to play games.  (he had been up since 4:30).  So I turned on the first episode of Downton Abbey and we watched that while the kids played Minecraft.  Then Darren went to bed and I made cookies with the kids till 10.    Not quite what I had planned, but when does life go how we expected it to?  We did have a good time- not marvelous but good.  And hey, isn't that what life is mostly made of? A lots of goods added up equals marvelous!

No comments:

Post a Comment