Well, 14 years! We are getting up there! Darren and I are pretty dang good for each other. I fell like we make a pretty good power team.
Have you ever heard our engagement story? I don't think I have ever blogged about it, so now would be a great time. The year was 1996. We were both 18. I was a Senior in High School and Darren was a Freshman at BYU. Darren was born and raised in a small country town called Housatonic Massachusetts. Growing up he and his family became freinds with another LDS family by the name of the Schmutz's. A couple years previously the Schmutz's moved to Provo, and I became good friends with their daughter, Ann. I distinctly remember one day riding in the car with all my girl friends when Ann said, "there is this guy my family used to be friends with from Massachusets. He is living out here going to BYU and we need to meet him! He is really cute!" I said, "yea, I totally want to meet him." About a week later Darren got his wisdom
teeth out and needed someone to take care of him so he stayed at the
Schmutz's. I remember getting some excuse to go to their house on my
lunch break to see him. I was wearing a yellow skirt. I saw him laying on the couch with his cheeks all puffy. Yea, he was cute, even with puffy cheeks. Darren and I were pretty much made for each other. We both liked each other instantly and didn't play games. Our first date was to go see Anthony in the hospital after he was born. I wrote him the whole time he was on his mission. I knew he was the one I wanted to marry- but that's another story. Maybe tomorrow would be a good day to tell it!

No comments:
Post a Comment