Well, the planets aligned and we went to Disney World. I didn't think it was going to happen, as I have a husband who has a strong repugnance to crowds. The force not to go was strong. But like I said, the planets aligned.
Darren is doing a clinical rotation in Davenport, and the place he is staying happens to be a 4 bedroom house about 10 min. from Disney World. There are 2 other students there, but they were nice enough to put up with us coming up for 4 days.
We were going to go the first day without Darren, but by a miracle the doctor gave him the day off and he got to come with us! On Friday we went to the Magic Kingdom, Saturday we did Hollywood Studios, Sunday we went to church and visited my good friend Andrea, then on Monday Darren had to work, so I took the kids to Epcot. We had an awesome weekend!
We ended up having an incredible time! Even Darren admitted it was funner than he thought it would be. Don't tell him I told you.
 |
| Gaston's house! Love that chair! |
 |
| Darren and I have a special love for Beauty and the Beast. We watched it and snuggled before we got married. Darren always said I was like Beauty and he was like the Beast. I thought that was so romantic and didn't really get it till we got married. Now I understand LOL. |
 |
| It's a small world. The longest that we waited for a ride- 25 min. |
 |
| Poor Darren, he was so tired. This is what he did during It's a small world. |
 |
| Kyle being cute on It's a Small World. Notice Darren in the back. |
 |
| Cute kids! |
 |
| Gabe getting ready to go on Pirates of the Caribbean! I have to say that the androids have come a long ways! They had a couple of Captain Jack Sparrow and they were AMAZING! It was hard to tell he wasn't a real human. It was unbelievable. |
|
| Ok, can I just say the art and creativity of Disney is UNBELIEVABLE! As a kid, you notice all the characters and fun things. As an adult I was blown away by the detail and creativity of the Disney artists. It was like eye candy! I could have just walked around the park for the day and not gone on one ride and been happy. I loved how each different section of the park is different styles. I loved the French style in the Beauty and the Beast section in Fantasy Land. I loved the English Cottage style of Peter Pan, the old West Frontierland, the Caribbean section for Pirates, the Swiss Family Robinson section, the Arabian setting for Aladdin. The attention to detail is incredible. Every building is just unbelievable! It's like a home show tour compiled from the greatest artist with unlimited amounts of money. And you travel the world in a day! I LOVED IT! |
 |
| I mean, look at this ceiling outside the bathrooms! Ahhh it makes my heart flutter. If I ever build a house I am going to Disney to get ideas. |
 |
| Paul outside the Haunted Mansion. It was so fun taking the kids. They asked me a hundred times- what is the Haunted Mansion like? What is Pirates of the Caribbean? What is It's a Small World? Now they know! |
 |
| Kyle and Ellie. We were lucky at the beginning of the day they messed up on our passes, so they ended up giving us 4 Fast Passes! It was another blessing, but what can I say when the planets are aligned perfectly? So we ended up combining those with Fast Passes we got ourselves and didn't wait longer than 25 min. for a ride! We typically waited about 10 min. And then they also have the Rider switch for parents with a baby. So Darren would go on a ride with the Fast Pass with the kids, then I would take them with the Rider Switch. It was awesome! |
 |
| Haunted Mansion- We loved it! |
 |
| Swiss Family Robinson Tree house |
 |
| Me, Darren and Gabe at the Tree house. |
 |
| As it was getting dark I realized we didn't have a family picture! So we hurried and too this one. I really like the colors. |
 |
The Light Parade. Like everything else Disney does it was amazing.
|
Well, as the day come to an end we drove home and and all the kids fell asleep. We were exhausted from a day full of fun. The kids had not really known what to expect. They were fascinated by it all and had a marvelous time.
How fun--glad that Darren was able to handle the crowds and excitement.
ReplyDelete