Sunday, April 7, 2013

Broken Foot

Kyle was running on our tile floor when he hit some water and slipped and hit his foot on the corner of the wall.  He would not put any pressure on it, and it was swollen and bruised.  I was thinking, it has got to be broken.  This happened Saturday night, but I didn't want to go to the ER so we waited till Monday.  So I took him to the doctor and they took an x-ray.  They said there was no break.  The doctor told me not to send him back to school till he could walk on it. So Kyle spent the entire week doing this.

Sitting on the couch and being cute.


 Finally on Friday, I thought, this is ridiculous, the kid still can even put ANY pressure on it.  The foot has got to be broken.  So the doctor refered me to a speciallist.  They said the x-ray did not show a break, but that is common in little bones in kids feet and it is broken even though they can't see it.  They said however, they will be able to see the break on the x-ray after it heals. (or is it heels?)

So here he is.  He has to wear his cast 2 1/2 weeks.  No swimming, no beach, no playing outside when its hot.  It's been a little rough, but he is so cute with it on!


Kyle was home with me all week.  He is such a clever character!  Some of the things he said,
-mom, why are baby bums so cute?!?!
-he also decided he was a caveman and started talking like one, "Uggh, woman, peel me orange!"  LOL go peel it yourself kid!

I love being one on one with my kids.  You get to know their personality's so much.  Kyle is pretty cool!  He says funny, clever things.  I love this boy!

1 comment:

  1. He is a cutie! Hope he feel better! I wish doctors had a better method than guessing! :)

    ReplyDelete