Saturday, April 20, 2013

Lonely

Well, Darren has been gone a week and I have been pretty sick since the day he left.  I think my sickness is from being emotionally overwhelmed and sad he is gone.  You know how in college you would be so stressed for finals, and then when they were finally over you would get a terrible cold?   I think stress builds up, and then you get weak and finally the sickness wins. Well, that's me now.  I am lonely while my husband is gone for 6 weeks and was just gone for 4. I am lonely while my sisters are all in Park City having a girls weekend shopping at Restore.  Being sick with your husband gone is no fun.  I still have to take care of kids, run errands, grocery shop, take Gabe out, when all I want to do is sit on the couch and watch tv.  
But enough of the complaining. I am going to see the good. I am going to be grateful.  

Here is my gratitude list:
1. My husband is alive and coming back.
2. My husband is not at war or in the military.
3. My husband loves me a lot and is loyal to me.
4. I don't worry about my husband while he is away from me. 
5. I have 4 super, super cute kids.
6. I am safe here without him.
7. I have a nice house and good food.
8. I have great friends and neighbors that have been so helpful.
9. I have had 2 people bring me dinner. LOVE IT!
10. I have time at night to paint. 
11. I have air conditioning when it is like an OVEN outside. 
12. I have a totally snuggly bed and baby.
13. I love to nurse my sweet little Gabe.  It makes me so happy
14. My kids are just so awesome. 
15. Other than this cold, I have good health.  
16. I have great family I can call. 
17. I got a bunch of sweet stuff at Goodwill today, mostly a very cute foot stool that goes perfect in our bathroom. 
18. My husband is getting a great education and will be graduating in less than a year!
Well, that's a lot of good stuff.  Now I'll go to bed happy.     

No comments:

Post a Comment