Well, that was a disaster. Today is Sunday and I thought it would be nice to watch a church movie with the kids. So I put on the movie, Legacy. About 5 min. into the movie there is the scene where one of the men gets tarred and feathered- remember that? Well Ellie and Kyle completely, and I mean completely flipped out. Like crying, sobbing frantically screaming, "turn it off! turn it off!!"They both had tears streaming down their cheeks and were hysterical. I turned it off and had to hold Ellie for 10 minutes just to get her to stop trembling. It was really sad, I remember being like that when I was little. I literally felt like I could not handle hearing about any violence, or people being mean.
The same thing happened years ago when we took them to the Joseph Smith movie in Salt Lake. At the part where they have to do the surgery on Joseph's leg all my kids were sobbing and they said they hated the movie and would never go again.
So anyways, if you feel like watching a church movie and feeling the spirit and you have really sensitive kids, maybe Legacy isn't the best one to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment