Another fun filled day. We got up early and were off by 8. We took a boat tour along the Na Pali coast that we had just hiked along. It was a sightseeing and snorkeling tour. The boat was beautiful, the crew, food and scenery were all great. I was hesitant to go since I had gotten so sick on the Deep Sea Fishing boat. But this one was bigger and the water was a lot smoother. In fact, I think it was the most beautiful water I have ever seen. 50 feet deep and crystal clear to the bottom.
When I had scheduled our tour the lady was very concerned about me being pregnant and said they don't allow anyone 27 weeks along. I lied and said I was 26 weeks. Does that make me a bad person? I mean, who keeps track of that stuff anyways?? Not like I'm counting the days or anything. I brought a note from my doctor that said I could go on boats and snorkel, just in case they gave me a hard time. I was so nervous they would. I learned something this trip. No one challenges a pregnant lady. I was happy about that.
 |
| Can you see the dolphins in the picture? They came right up to the front of the boat and were playing in the wake. They were so fun to watch as they jumped out of the water. They were so close! I felt like I would have reached out my hand and touched one! |
 |
| Our boat captain was like this 30 year old surfer dude from California- or Hawaii. He was great. He got our boat so close to the caves- it made me a little nervous. I guess it even made him nervous. |
 |
| Can you see the sea turtle in that beautiful water? |
I took so many pictures because it was just so beautiful!!
 |
| I went up by the captain of the boat and hung out for a little bit. They had nice seats for people to sit up there and it was a great view. At this point he backed the boat up under this waterfall and Paul and Darren got in the shower of water. The captain, said, "Don't post those pictures to our website- I'm not supposed to do that." he laughed and I'm not sure if he was joking or not. But he was definitely a very free spirited Captain. At one point the yacht was about 3 feet from the cave and there we were going back and forth with the waves. I thought, we are seriously going to hit that rock! When he finally moved the boat back. He wiped his brow and the crew were all laughing. I said, "do you do that every time?" And he said, "Umm, no. It's ok though! all good as long as I bring her back without any scratches on it. It's only like a 2 .5 million dollar yacht !" |



Getting ready to go snorkeling! I was so excited to go to a snorkeling spot not from shore. Boy were we disappointed. I ranked it as the #2 worst place I've snorkeled. Second to California.
 |
| Here is Paul steering the boat with our captain. What a character! After our tour we hoped on a flight back to Oahu. Hans and Jodi so generously picked us up at the airport and we headed straight out to dinner. We went to a fancy place called Roy's. I was a little sea sick- but still had a great time. |
No comments:
Post a Comment