Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Oahu Day 8

Ok, this was another not fun activity for me (next to deep sea fishing). Swimming with sharks.  I'm not sure what in the world I was thinking when I said that sounded so fun.  It did sound fun!  Then we got on the boat and started to go out and it started to sound not so fun.  The deeper and darker the water got,  the more hesitant I got.  By the time we got there, I did NOT want to get in the water.



Here I am not wanting to get in the water. Seriously what was I thinking? I am terrified of deep dark water.  Did you know I have literately almost drown 3 times?! That's a whole nother blog post. 






I've changed my mind.
I didn't want to do this.  But I did.  I got in the cage and stayed on the ladder the whole time.  Waiting for our time to be up.  It was about as fun as a roller coaster for me.  The good thing is that Paul, Darren, Hans, Jodi, and Doug all loved it. 

Here's a link to a video Hans made, I was in the cage even though I'm not in the video. Promise!
https://www.facebook.com/jodyandhans/videos/10153006271898037/?pnref=story

After swimming with sharks we headed to a fun place for breakfast.  Paul was obsessed with finding Geckos the whole time.  It was so fun to just hand out with Hans and Jodi. Then we headed over to the Dole Plantation for some Dole whip.  Darren hates crowds so we were in and out of there in 15 minutes.  I would have loved to hang out for the day, but we were so exhausted.  We headed back to Doug's for a nap. 
Did you know pineapples grow on bushes?? Me neither!!

After the Dole Plantation I was going to to to the Polynesian Cultural Center.  Darren refused to go.  He hates crowds and stuff like that.  If it doesn't cause an adrenaline rush, he pretty much doesn't want to do it.  We had gotten up at 5:30 to swim with sharks and were done by 8:30.   As much as I wanted to go to the PCC I was just too tired!  I just couldn't do it. If I hadn't been pregnant I would have gone, but being pregnant and on the go constantly just takes it out of me.  So we went back to Doug's and took a nap.  I way overslept and by the time I woke up it was like 3 in the afternoon.  Darren agreed to go to "Ha, the breath of Life" show at the PCC. So off we went.  We missed the whole day there, but made it for the last show.  It was great, but we were all so exhausted, and had a flight to catch at 6:30 in the morning.  It was the end of our Hawaii trip.  We had a great time, but I missed my kids and couldn't wait to get home and not get on another boat for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment