Sunday, November 1, 2015

Five Kids

Luke is about 10 weeks old now and I've decided something.  Five kids is a LOT of kids.  I am feeling completely overwhelmed.  I haven't been able to blog for so long.  I don't think the fussy baby helps.  I can't believe I have done this 4 times before.  I have to constantly remind myself that life WILL get back to normal, that I WILL loose the weight.  (I hope, right?)
I was having a rough day the other day and texted Laura.  She texted back, "Just enjoy!!!  You might never have another little baby. "  That really hit a cord with me.  Never having another little baby??? That is so sad!! I love my babies!

The other day Darren came home from work to a house that was a wreck and dinner not made.  He said, "You need to do something about that baby.  You're spending ALL your time taking care of him!"  I burst out laughing!! "Well, what do you propose I do with him?" I said.  He stuttered out, "I don't know, get rid of him or something."  We both were laughing pretty hard.  It makes the 8 loads of laundry on my bed not so bad when we can laugh about it.  Don't worry, Darren doesn't REALLY want me to get rid of Luke.  It was just the only plan he could think of at the time.

Darren is funny.  He is having a hard time with 5 kids too.  He is completely flustered and overwhelmed.   He told me if I get pregnant again he's moving to Alaska and I'm on my own.  I laughed at him and ask whys he's so overwhelmed?  I do everything for the baby!! I get up with him at night, nurse him, change him, hold him.  Darren hardly does anything with our new babies.  So why is he having a hard time?  Because I'm his right hand man. or woman.  I am like Darren's Office Manager.  I schedule his appointments, wash his clothes, cook for him, run the kids around, help him with bills, do all our Insurance stuff and medical bills, and I love and support him.  So when I'm drowning Darren has to pick up the slack and do more.  Hahaha- I love it! It makes me laugh when he freaks out about having to hold Luke for 30 minutes or go to a kids soccer game. It's good for him.  Darren never reads my blog so I can say whatever I want about him and he'll never know- as long as no one tells on me!

Anyways, when we are all sitting around, 5 kids, 2 adults, 1 lizard, 1 dog and 1 cat, I think- this is a LOT of people (and animals) I am responsible for.  Then I pray for God to help me.  Seriously.  

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I totally know where you're coming from. We have completely given up on "getting back to normal," but I'm telling you, my life gets easier every day as Tizzy gets older. I never realized it was so hard having a baby until I didn't have one! And yes, please share any of my blogs you want! I love it when you like them.

    ReplyDelete