Monday, November 19, 2012

Airplane Ride

So, did I ever tell you about our airplane ride to Utah?  I don't think I did.  Well, I'm going to tell you now. We were on the plane.  Having a great time.  Paul and Ellie were in the row in front of Me, Darren and Kyle.  Darren and I were sitting next to each other and I had Gabe.  It was kind of romantic sitting next to Darren. We got up to cruising altitude and I was so tired!  I was ready to nurse Gabe to sleep and take a nap myself.  Darren kind of drifted off.  Kyle was asleep. I nursed Gabe and he fell asleep.  I closed my eyes and relaxed.  Finally, after staying up late, getting the house cleaned, bags packed, getting to the airport, going through security boarding the plane- you know the drill.  It's a lot of work.  So back to the story.  I finally got Gabe to fall asleep.  As I was just about to drift to sleep Darren sits up and coughs REALLY loud, lays back against his chair and goes back to sleep.  But surprisingly (sarcasm)  his LOUD coughing woke Gabe up!  So I sat there for the next however long with an fussy baby while Darren slept. I contemplated coughing really loud in Darren's ear to wake HIM up to take the baby, but I figured 2 grouchy parents is not better than 1 grouchy parent.  So I let him sleep. When he woke up I was not too happy.  Thank goodness Darren is so good looking or I would have never forgiven him.   He took Gabe, I got a nap, and the airplane ride was actually really fun.  I love flying.  But, next time I'm giving Darren a cough drop.  

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny! And gorgeous pictures of your family at the wedding! Christmas-card-worthy!

    ReplyDelete