Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Erica's wedding

We went to Utah for Erica's wedding.  It was a short trip, and I am sorry to all my friends I did not get to see. We really only saw Darren's family and my family.  Every min. was planned.  Erica and Mike got married in the Salt Lake City temple and it was beautiful. Erica looked STUNNING! Here is my favorite picture- I know it is not a very good copy- so maybe you can go to the link below and see some of her other pictures. 

Here photographer was April Bladh Smith, who was fantastic.  I think Erica's photo's were the most beautiful wedding pictures I have ever seen.  We are talking magazine worthy here.
She also had a friend make her wedding video that is awesome.  I hope the link works. 
  http://vimeo.com/52730533

Here they come!  That guy is facing the wrong way!

YEA!!

Erica's nieces and nephews LOVE her!  They were all around her the whole time! 

Erica and her mom, I love these ladies!

Darren Erica and Corey.  Do they look alike or what??!

Erica with her fan club

I love this one of Gabe. LOL  Someone rescue that baby!

Erica invited Paul to bring his chair and sit at the head table with her.  But then all the kids started bringing their chairs, so he had to go back to the kid table.

My family!!

Darren's Aunt's Laurie, and Dixie, and Gran came up from Dove Creek Colorado.  We were so happy to see them and love them so much!

The kid table!

Paul, Emma and Ellie.

Paul gave a few words about how nice Erica is- it was really cute.

Easton giving his speech.  They both did great jobs!
 Ok, so I have to take a break here to tell a story about Corey getting up to share his thought, advice, for Erica during the dinner.  If you don't know Corey, he is a pretty serious guy.  After the kids, Corey get up and starts talking.    He had his cell phone in his pocket and it started ringing.  He only uses his cell phone for emergency's so he didn't know how to silence it.  He just pushed some buttons and got it to stop ringing.  Only a handful of people even know his cell phone number.  And almost all those people were in that room. So Corey tries to get back to his serious advice and keeps talking, and someone who shall remain unnamed whisperers to Darren, "Call Corey again!".  So Darren grabs my cell phone and calls Corey while he is up there talking.  Now, if you don't know-Darren and Corey have a, shall we say, funny relationship.  Corey is serious, and Darren likes to joke around.  I think it drives Corey crazy sometimes and Darren revels in it. So, Corey is  up there talking and his phone starts to ring again.   He fumbles with his phone trying and then holds it up and says, "who is calling me!?" He knew everyone who had his number was in that room.  It was silent.  I pointed to the back corner where Darren was standing.  Everyone turned around to see Darren in the back holding up his cell phone waving it.  The room burst out into laughter.   We could not stop laughing.  It was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.  Seriously, the nerve of Darren!! It took a few minutes, but when the laughter died down Corey finished his speech.  It was a pretty memorable moment and I think Corey took it in stride. Thanks Corey for being a good sport and letting us all get a good laugh:)
Sneaking back up to the head table again!  Paul with Ray and Sheila.



Ellie and Emma must have been friends and heaven.  They are kindred spirits.



Well, Erica and Mike are married and we are happy for them.  It was a great time and I am thankful for Darren's family.  We have always gotten along so well and I am so grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment