Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bubbles

Here in Florida we don't get snow.  We don't even get close to snow.  Oh, except at the "Snow Fest" that the kids and I went to last year.  They bring in shiploads of snow from who knows where and people come from all over to play in it.  We went last year and it was a big deal.  We had to park at a different venue, and they had buses transporting people to the "Snow Fest."  It was a huge event.  And a huge rip off.  After paying 5 bucks each to get in we had to walk through the carnival to get to the snow.  It was a carnival and each ride was like $10 for 5 min of disappointment.  The Carnies were some of the creepiest I have ever seen. Including the one guy smiling at us with no teeth, wearing a waste bag on the outside of his clothes.  I dragged my kids through the carnival to get to the parking lot with the snow.  You know in the spring time when the plows have made big piles of dirty snow in the parking lots?  Well, imaging that big pile of dirty, melting snow, with a million kids on it, a fence around it and a line 20 min. long to play in the dirty snow.  Yea, that's what it was.  The kids felt jipped!  We turned around, walked back trough the carnival again, (taking care to not let any of my kids get kidnapped by the Carnies) waited in line, got on the shuttle and drove half an hour home. So if you live in Florida and are looking at those cute posters that make Snow Fest look so fun, just don't.

But that's not what this post is about.  This post is about the FUN winter event we went to last year and this year too.   Remember last year we went to the tree lighting and it poured rain?  We all ended up dancing in the rain and bubbles and having so much fun? And the guy gave me the umbrella cause I was 7 months pregnant but looked 10?  Yea, we went again this year.  And I left my camera in the car.  UGHHH.  I really wanted to get some fun pictures, but I parked like half a mile away and didn't want to walk back.  So I borrowed my friends.  Her camera was being very finicky- so I only got a couple good pictures. 

  They block off all the streets in this fun high-end shopping part of Naples.  They had a live nativity, live bands, food booths, kettle corn, snow cones, free ice cream, a stage with dancers, Santa and his elves, a tree lighting ceremony, and lots of news stations. The best part is the bubbles!  They have street lights with machines at the top that blow bubbles out that look like snow.  It is really fun!   Here are some pics.
Kids dancing in the snow, I mean bubbles

Kyle


CUTE Gabe!

For a moment I look at the bubbles in the street light and pretend I am in Rigby- Standing in my house looking out the window at the snow falling.

Gabe, Paul, Ellie and Kyle

Kyle!

Another cute one of Gabe! Peple always tell me, "oh, she is so cute!"  LOL yes, he is.

The tree!


No comments:

Post a Comment