Sunday, August 11, 2013

24th of July in Florida

Last year on the the 24th of July I felt a little lonely for Utah.  It was like a little piece of me was missing not celebrating the day, even in a small way.  So I decided this year I would have a little 24th of July Florida celebration myself.  I invited  a bunch of people to get together for the evening and play pioneer games.  The weather was beautiful and the kids had a blast! We even had some fun pioneer food, bobbing for apples, and made our own butter.  The games were the best part though. I didn't bring my camera, so all these pictures are from Darren's phone.  They aren't great, but they will have to do.

We had wheelbarrow races

We also had 3 legged races and gunny sack races.

They were so much fun!

My friend Stephanie did a little flannel board lesson about the holiday.

I made Ellie and her friend Caroline matching bonnets.  I found a blog online with instructions and it was easy and fun!

We just visited and hung out and enjoyed the gorgeous weather!

I think Gabe may have had the best time of all!  He just ran around like crazy! 
 

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Love you and your creativeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily--you are always up for a party. I'll bet everyone loved doing something together. So, has is cooled down some? Or was that just a nice day? HAve fun.

    ReplyDelete