Can I just tell you if I hear one more person say they don't want to eat any of my whole wheat bread because they are on a diet I might just freak out at them? Seriously. Freak.Out.
I usually keep it simple and say, "I have lost 30 pounds eating this
bread. And doing this one simple weird trick!" Just kidding. Really. I'll just get it all out on my blog, then I won't have to do it to someone's face. It will save myself a lot of embarrassment and awkwardness.
Here is my diet soapbox.
If you want to loose weight do 6 things,
1. Don't eat processed sugar
2. Don't eat white flour or white grains
3. Only eat 2 TBL of fatty foods a day. (butter, mayo, etc.)
4. Don't eat after 8:30 pm
5. Exercise. Seriously. Exercise. Hard. Gardening, vacuuming and taking the stairs don't count.
6. Give yourself 1 free day a week to eat what you want. Or maybe 2 half days.
That's it. It sounds easy, but have you ever cut sugar out of your diet, for even one day? It's hard! I try and eat really good during the week and then taking the weekend off. When you don't allow yourself to grab that box of crackers, or chips, or cookies you will find yourself getting very hungry and looking for something else to eat! Then you start eating all sorts of fruits, veggies, protein shakes, green smoothies, meats, eggs,and best of all- wheat bread. Wheat bread is one of the most filling, healthy food out there! What in the world possesses someone to cut it out of their diet? So they can eat steaks and peanut butter by the spoonfuls? Please!!! Give me a break. No wonder these fad diets don't work. When people are on a diet and they tell me they are cutting out carbs I roll my eyes so hard I feel like I might fall over. Then I want to tell them they are not going to loose weight, and if they do they will gain it right back. But I don't say anything because they wouldn't listen to me anyways. A low carb diet is not a lifelong way to eat. Carbs are not the problem. White flour, sugar, and processed foods are the problem. duhh.
Can I also say cutting out fruits because they have carbs is also one of the dumbest things I have heard of. Whenever you get a sweet tooth eat fruit! It a natural sugar. It's so much better than reaching for candy or cookies. You aren't going to get fat from eating too many grapes or apples. Seriously people.
Body For Life is the way to go. Body For Life. It's been around forever and is a real way you can eat.
There I feel better. Can you tell I encounter a few dieters this week?
*This post is not intended to make anyone feel that they need to go on a diet. It is only to encourage the consumption of whole grains. And to persuade people to buy my bread, therefore making me more money.
Lol. Love the ending! I am going to follow your rules. It's basically what I do when I diet, and it's hard, but it works. Wheat bread with butter is my favorite food. I would be a good customer!
ReplyDelete