While Athena, Ellie, and I were at TOFW Darren hitched a ride to Portland with DL. They went to the really fun Moroccan restaurant that I Athena and I had just been at. We missed them by just a couple of hours. I guess we missed the belly dancers to! Darn!
That night Athena went home and Ellie and I met up with Darren and DL. It was a pretty special trip for Ellie. It was just her and Luke and we kinda spoiled her. We had so much fun. We went to a nice seafood restaurant for dinner called Jake's. Luke was terrible the first 25 min. He just cried and cried. I was getting so frustrated- but finally Darren got him to sleep and he slept the rest of the time, so we were able to enjoy dinner. We ordered all sorts of appetizers - the food was delicious. DL got this huge seafood platter and ate the whole thing! Well, he shared a little with us. Ellie was so concerned about being left out. Before dinner she asked me to try and pay attention to her so she wouldn't feel left out. She ended up talking like crazy to DL and becoming completely enamored by him. He was so nice to her. We had the best time! Below is the one and only picture of the elusive DL. And me laughing at him. Hahaha.
The next we drove to Mt. Hood and Darren and DL went on an amazing 8 mile run in the snow. It was a blizzard! I parked by the trail head and Ellie, Luke and I hung out while they did their hike. It was MAGICAL! The snow was falling on the trees, and it was just so beautiful.
Ok, so check this out. See those bare feet?! Yea- that's DL's feet- in the snow! He like to run barefoot- so he ran about 1/2 mile barefoot, in the snow. Crazy- but very entertaining for us! I get cold just looking at that picture. Those feet might be the most you ever see of him. lol. We had such a great time hanging out with him.
I was prepared for the cold and had made a big bed in the van with a crash pad. So while the guys were hiking, Ellie, Luke and I took a nap, read books, played in the snow, and had a campfire. We had the best time! I took some great pictures, but lost them. (Ellie and I had the best time taking a bunch of selfies in the car.) It had been sooo long since I had seen a good snowstorm. Hermiston doesn't really get snow- maybe 2-3 inches a year. And before that we lived in Florida, and Tennessee, so it's been like 7-8 years since we've been in a good snowstorm. It was so fun for Ellie and I to be snugly and warm in the car and just watch the snow fall on the windshield. It was like watching a campfire. Nature's TV. I was a little worried about the guys hiking in the snow- and driving home in so much snow- but they had a great time and we got home safe and sound that night. The weekend couldn't have been more perfect. Well, except Luke screaming at dinner, but we'll just try and forget about that. So, like I said, the weekend couldn't have been more perfect. Life is good.







No comments:
Post a Comment