This is Darren and I with Darren's mom and dad in front of their house in Housatonic, Massachusetts. It is in the Birkshire County- a beautiful, fun place to vacation. We had such a great time- even though I still had a little morning sickness. Here are some of the highlights.
Paul has a serious love of fishing. He could go all day every day. Grandpa Shep is a great fisherman and took him almost everyday.
Here is one of the fish he caught on the first day. I think they caught like 7.
Paul caught this beautiful Brown Trout. 18 inches and over 2 pounds. He and Grandpa Shep took it to the Fish and Wildlife center and Paul is going to get a State Pin for catching such a big fish! Good job Bud! It was a HUGE fish. The pictures hardly do it justice.
Can you believe the size of that thing??!! And yes, Paul really did catch it himself! Those 2 are some serious fisherman!
Ok, so Grandpa Shep told Paul about these little Gecko's called Red Efts. He said they could go catch them- but only after it rained. So everyday Paul would check the weather just dying for it to rain. One night it rained and in the morning the Paul and Grandpa were out of the house by the time anyone else woke up. Around 10 in the morning They came home with a bucket full of them! They were awesome!
Those things looked like they were plastic and had come out of the quarter machine at Walmart.
Kyle holding one. At the end of the day we let them all go back into their habitat. No Red Efts were harmed in the taking of these pictures.
On Saturday we went to Tanglewood. We got to listen to the Boston Symphony Orchestra Practice for their Sunday Performance. It was pretty incredible to listen to them.
We sat on the lawn and listened while they played. We had snacks and the kids colored and danced on the lawn in their bare feet. I think that lawn was the most perfect grass I have ever seen and felt. It was a beautiful day. And the acoustics were incredible- I couldn't believe how far out on the lawn we could be from the arena and still hear the music perfectly.
They had this table set up for kids to do crafts. They each made their own Conductors. It was pretty fun.
Ok- so you know how most older people like to buy a fancy car or toy when they retire? Well, Darren's dad bought a tractor- it's like his Corvette, but a lot cooler. Everyone rode that thing around the yard a couple of times and had a great time. It is pretty cool and can actually go pretty fast. Darren accidentally put it into 3rd gear instead of 1st and he went flying by! I wonder if they would allow that thing on a golf course.
Darren on the Tractor.
These 2 had such a great time together. They are both fishermen and nature lovers. So- at the end of the trip I just had to leave Paul with Grandma and Grandpa to get some more fishing and frog catching in.
I was so sad to leave my little buddy- and cried for a while in the car. He had such a great time, I think it will have to be a summer tradition. I think he could have stayed a lot longer- but I missed him too much! We had such a great time!








No comments:
Post a Comment