The drive home from the keys is 5 hours- but we decided to take it slow and stop along the way. We were in no hurry to get back. The ended up just as fun and action filled as all the other days.

On the way down we kept passing all these fun mega fruit stands, and nurseries. There was a stretch of road about 20 miles long with nursery after nursery and fruit stand after fruit stand. I kept asking Darren to stop so I could get some mangos- but he was to excited to get to the Keys, and insisted that they would have mango's when we got there. Well, when we got there, there were no mangos or fruit stands. I couldn't believe it! I was pretty mad about it- needless to say, we stopped on the way back.

Here we are just enjoying the cool ambiance.


The place we stopped had all these Koi fish that entertained my kids almost the whole time. Maybe I should get some at my house!


Darren, Erica and Kyle. Notice all the fun fruits and veggies in the back.

Gotta love the chickens roaming freely everywhere. They were all over the Islands too.

Fresh fruits galore- with great prices!

These mangos were HUGE. And I mean HUGE!

Fresh onions. I loved all the colors and textures of the foods.

Watermelons

Poor Erica had poison Ivy while we were there. - You can see it on her arm. She had played in the creek with the kids at David and Marilyn's in Tennessee. She got it on her arms and face. It was aggravating her the whole time we were there.

Fun little bananas.

Erica with a mango shake. It tasted like they just ground up the mango and stuck it in the cup- it was pretty thick.

Darren with a box of mangos to take home.

Fresh, natural honey. ymmm

Beautiful orchids.


I'm not quite sure why this pony was at the fruit stand. But I loved it anyways- adds to the experience. I love different cultures!

"What you looking at?" "What YOU looking at?"


Ok, so I wanted to capture the size of the mangos and avacodos. Paul is holding a mango in his right hand and avocado in his left hand. They were the size of grapefruits!

Here is the avocado cut open- I put the big apple next to it so you could see how big it was. FUN TIMES!
I love the Keys. It really is a different world there, as if the rest of the world didn't exist. I love the saying, "It's a Keys thing." There really is a Keys Thing! Love your pictures of all the produce! Very artistic!
ReplyDelete