Friday, August 24, 2012

Battle Creek Falls


Seriously, it is taking me forever to get this trip blogged! It is verging on ridiculous. Anywho..

  One day we took a hike with Darren's side of the family- Nicole, Erica, and Alison.  We decided to hike up Battle Creek falls in Pleasent Grove.  The company was good- but the conditions were not the best. I think going in the middle of the day wasn't the best idea, and we had no husbands to help.  At least it was a short hike and I got to visit with the adults little bit.

The kids had a great time.
My cute kids who ended up getting in a huge fight over this caterpillar.  Paul didn't want everyone touching it so he threw it into the bushes.  Kyle and Ellie kids got really mad and a huge fight followed.   I got so mad at Paul, but the poor kid started crying, "if too many kids touch it, it will die! I was just trying to protect it"  He is still the master negotiator. 
Kyle, Easton, and Ellie

Kyle
Me and Gabe,  too bad you can't see the large area's of sweat from carrying this kid in 100 degree weather.  Or maybe it's all just sweat so you can't tell the difference.  Oh, and yes, I got a haircut. 
Corey and Nicole's cute little one, Lacey

Corey and Nicole's- Sage
These are Alison and James cute kids, Annabelle and Jimmy

Corey and Nicoles- Easton looking super handsome!
  When Nicole picked up her backpack to go home she thought it was a little heavy- Sage had filled it with rocks! LOL
Darren's sister Alison
Corey's wife, Nicole, and their beautiful new little baby Remy- and yes that is her real hair!!
Erica and Mike, holding Gabe.  And in case you haven't heard, they are engaged!!!! Yea, we are soooo excited for them!
Easton and Paul, hiking buddies
Ok, this was too funny.  Lacey would climb up the dirt hill, turn around and slide down.  Then she would do it all over again.  Until she was covered in dirt from head to toe. Oh, aren't kids fun??!!! (the answer is YES)
After the hike we went to Nicoles and hung out. That night was an event by itself.  Some kid grabbed my keys off the table and I spent the evening frantically searching for my parents car keys. I searched for 3 hours!  We couldn't find them, so my dad drove from Provo to bring me a spare.  The next day he had a spare made- it was $100- for a key!! What happened to the days of keys being a dollar?  Give me a break!  Is it coated in 24 caret gold or something?  And to top it off, about 10 min after he had the replacement key made Nicole found the keys in the garage on a chair.   Sorry dad!!! I guess that's how life goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment