Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Grapes of Wrath

One thing I miss about Utah is the gardens!  I'm not really sure that people really have gardens here.  I think there are just to many bugs and animals.  One of our friends put some tomato plants on his back porch and RATS chewed through the screen and ate all the tomatoes.  I planted some basil in a small pot and the next day all the leaves were chewed off by insects of some sort.  It makes me miss going out to the garden and picking fresh corn, tomatoes, and peas for dinner.  Raspberries, and peaches are also so good.  We happened to be in Utah in time for the apricots, and zucchini, so I got to have some deliciousness!  

The kids loved picking apricots

I love my parents yard!  We call this part the Garden of Eden.
Check out my parents beautiful back porch

This Grape Arbor is just incredible.  Every year they prune the grapes way back, and every year it fills in beautifully!  There are thousands of grapes just waiting to be put on a bowl of cheerios.  And if you have never had fresh grapes- they are amazing!!  SO much better than store bought. 

YUMMMM!! Too bad they weren't ripe while we were there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment