Cooke City. My favorite place on earth. I would spend my childhood dreaming about the one week we would get to spend up there each summer. I would go on and on, but since Hurricane Isaac is breathing down my back I'll just show some pictures. I really need to just get this Summer trip posted before Isaac hits and we all die and it's too late.
 |
| Driving through Yellowstone- we saw a couple of bears. This is a momma with her cubs. That's the 2 black dots in the middle. To get to our parent's cabin, we have to drive through Yellowstone. I love it. Some members of my family, I won't mention any names (dad), hate driving through Yellowstone. |
 |
| Buffalo in the Lamar Valley |
 |
| Cooke City in a tiny little town nestled in the Beartooth mountains. Store! You know we are close when you see this. |
 |
| The kids came home from fishing so excited to show us what they caught! |
 |
| LOL |
 |
| Whoa!! I wasn't expecting live fish!! Well, I guess that's one way to show what you caught to your parents! |
 |
| Can I just say how fun it was to experience COLD again?? I couldn't wait to have a fire and hot chocolate!! And wear jeans, and socks!! I soaked in every minute of coldness. |
 |
| Talk about good times. |
 |
| Adaline, Stephanie, and Ashlyn getting ready to ride 4 wheelers |
 |
| Oh Julia, I love you. So all growing up, when I would shower and wash my hair if I had hair come out I would put it on the shower wall so it wouldn't go down the drain and clog the drain. It would drive Julia crazy! |
 |
| So I took my hair and spelled her name for her. LOL I know it's kinda gross, but it's kinda funny too. |
 |
| Hiking- we went out ten minutes and the mosquitoes were so bad we turned around and went right back. |
 |
| I set up a rope for all the kids to rappel down a cliff. I thought the teenage boys would like it, and I was right- everyone like it! Even Gordon went down. I think he did it just to get away from the mosquitoes. |
 |
| I think this is Matthew |
 |
| James |
 |
| Athena and Nayeli |
 |
| Notice the mosquito net? I wish we all had one of those on! |
 |
| Ellie and Paul at the old miners town, We took an afternoon to drive up Daisy pass and check out all the old miners houses. It drizzled the whole time, but nothing to keep the kids from having a great time. |
 |
| Kyle out in the rain |
 |
| Gabe chillin in the car with me |
 |
| Laura and Gordon!! They were well prepared for the rain and knew just what to do so our picnic lunch would still happen. |
 |
| Me with Gabe and Kyle |
 |
| We drove by some snow- but I didn't get a picture, so I just pointed the camera up and took a picture. |
 |
| One of the fun things the kids did was set this trap every day- like ten times a day. Cause about every couple hours they would catch a squirrel, or a bird or something. |
 |
| We decided to feed Gabe for the first time while we were there. He was 5 months old, and so cute! |
 |
| The kids had a blast feeding him! |
 |
| I had to take a picture of how cool my mom has decorated the cabin. I should have taken so many more pictures! |
No comments:
Post a Comment