Today is Veterans Day and I am happy. The kids school had a little program Friday morning to honor veterans. And since the name of the school is Veterans Memorial they like to celebrate it. I love their school! The teachers are great and the principal is great too. I sat at the program and watched the kids sing. I had a rough week cause of elections, but as I watched the kids sing I thought, "you know, a lot of people here have different political views, and voted for different people, but I honestly believe ALL of us here love our country. We are united in our love for America." It made me feel better. It made me feel peace.
 |
| They had a lot of vets come. One guy was a prisoner of war in Germany. I have so much respect for those men. Whenever I see a vet a always try and say, "thank you for serving our country!" |
 |
| Can you see Paul and Ellie on the front row? Singing the Star Spangled Banner- it was so touching it made me cry. Notice the jackets- this is a COLD day in Florida |
 |
| I want to pay tribute to one of my favorite Veterans- my dad! He served in Vietnam. He only has 3-4 pictures of himself, so we are lucky to get to see 3 of them. |
 |
| This is my dad on the left with Joseph McConkie on the right. They were good friends growing up. |
 |
| My dad with Joseph McConkie again. Thanks men, for serving our country! |
My Grandpa Bill also served in the Navy during WW2. He would never talk about it. Once my brother asked him about it and he said, "don't ask me about the war." Thanks dad, grandpa, and all the other men and women out there, for serving our country.
Your dad and grandpa are heroes for serving our country. Thanks to them! My dad said to me today that maybe my sons should go to the Naval Academy. I said I would rather keep them safe. I'm so selfish! So Io admire men like our dads who have been willing to put it all on the line.
ReplyDelete