Thursday, August 22, 2013

That's The Way Life Goes

This past spring Paul moved into the Blazer Scouts.  His really has not had a "proper" scout uniform since we moved here and I have lacked the motivation to get him one. 

So since he turned 11 this spring I rededicated myself to the Scout program and decided to get him a real uniform! I bought a shirt off ebay- it was just the right size, but I needed all the patches to go on it. 
 By chance, the next week, I was at Goodwill and saw a scout shirt just like the one I had bought Paul with all the exact patches he needed!  It must have been someone in his group cause the pack numbers, scout symbol and District were the ones I needed.  Perfect! Just my luck!  The shirt was too small, but I bought it anyways for all the patches- those things can be expensive new! 

So I took it home and took all the patches off the too small shirt to sew them on the correct size shirt.

 Well, summer came and they didn't have Scouts, so i put off sewing the patches on.  Last week I was doing some sewing and I figured I had better get those patches sewed on before scouts started back up.
      
I got all the patches sewed on in the right places, not to crooked and looking great!  Then I held  up the shirt and noticed it looked a little bit small for Paul.  I then realized... yea, I had sewn all the patches back on the original "too small" shirt that the patches originally came on! Ughhh.  Needless to say Paul did not wear his uniform to scouts this week. 

2 comments:

  1. You must have Mom Brain. :) Maybe the skink can help! Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Emily. I am SO sorry, but thanks for the good laugh!

    ReplyDelete