We have had a fake tree for years, and I admit there are a lot of good things that come with a fake tree. But this year when I put up our fake tree, only the very bottom branches lit up. We've had it about 10 years, and each year another string goes out. So I put it back in the box and told the kids we were getting a real tree this year. It was really fun to go to the Christmas Tree lot. We looked at all the trees and smelled the beautiful pine smelled and just inhaled all the magical feelings that come with Christmas. We found the perfect tree and took it home.
Talking about Christmas trees, I should tell you a very funny true story about when I was a kid. I was about 5 years old. I actually very distinctly remember this. We went as a family in our old station wagon to buy a Christmas tree. All my brothers and sisters were there. My family chose out a beautiful tree and tied it to the top of the car. We all piled in the car and started driving home. My dad looked in the rear view mirror and saw me sitting in the back with tears streaming down my cheeks. He said, "Emily, what is wrong sweetie?!!" In between the sobs I said, "I wanted a tree with decorations on it!" My parents burst out laughing, and my dad said, "Honey, we take the tree home and put decorations on it there!" My face lit up and I said,"oh!!" I remember feeling so relieved!! My family still jokes about that.




No comments:
Post a Comment