Thursday, December 11, 2014

Time Out For Women

A few weeks ago I headed over to Portland to go to Time Out For Women with Athena.  Darren was on call for the weekend- so I took my Ellie, Kyle, and Gabe with me.  I left Paul home to hold down the fort with Darren.  We had a lot of arranging to do to get a babysitter, and Ben to watch our kids.  Poor Athena was on the phone a lot trying to make arrangements for the kids.  She was so worried about them and Ben being taken care of and getting meals.  We wanted to go out to dinner the second night- but the kids were all crying so we had to go back.  Athena said, "I thought this was supposed to be Time Out For Women- there is just no such thing!"  I laughed.  It's true, when your a mom, you never really get a time out.  Even when your gone you worry and have to arrange things.  I think that was one of my favorite things about my cruise with Darren. We left my mom and kids and said- "Don't expect to hear from us. We'll see you in a week!" But anywho, between cell phone calls, and nursing Teddy, Athena and I had a great time.  I had never been to TOFW before,so I was curious to see what it was like.  I have to say- it was great, but not amazing.  Not as good as Education Week.  If Education Week is a 10- TOFW is like a 7.  There were a LOT of musical numbers that just weren't my style.   It's in a huge conference center and they have to project the speaker onto big huge screens up front.  The room is so huge and there are so many people, it is hard to feel...like your even in the same room as the speaker sometime. You don't get to choose the classes, topics, teachers you go to.  It's just one huge conference room the whole time.  So, over all, they do a great job- but Education Week just can't be beat.  The best part was getting to hang out with Athena and sweet Teddy. 


Here are a bunch of women from my ward.
Oh, and did I mention Ellie came and went to Time Out For Girls?  She LOVED it! There were a bunch of girls from our ward with their daughters- so she had friends to sit with and hang out with.  She felt the spirit a lot and had a great time.  I think stuff like this is so important for young kids.

1 comment: